Little Indoor Building Site
Good for a cold or rainy day! I saw this idea in a magazine a while back and it has been a big hit in our home. On the days when the weather keeps us cooped up inside, this little building site can keep the little ones engaged and imaginative!
- 1 large roasting pan
- 1 bag of dried beans, lentil, rice etc. (This time, we used a bag of lentil soup with tiny letter pasta)
- Assorted toy tractors, trucks or cars
SNEAKY Chocolate Puddin' Pops
these SNEAKY chocolate Puddin' Pops!
- 3-4 bananas, sliced
- (this is where all of the pure, natural sweetness comes from, the more ripe the banana, the sweeter the pudding will be)
- 2 avocados, peeled & pitted
- (yes, at first I couldn't wrap my head around this ingredient and the flavor combo either... but you really can't taste any avocado when all is said and done. The avocado just gives the recipe the smooth pudding texture)
- 2 heaping tablespoons cocoa powder
- (optional) 1 packet chocolate flavored Kidz Superfood powder
- (I got mine at Sunflower Market, and I sneak it in whenever the kiddos request chocolate milk. Take a gander at the label, there aren't many veggies that are missing in this drink!)
Scoop avocados into blender, add sliced bananas, cocoa and drink mix. Blend on high until smooth, about a minute or two.
Spoon pudding into Popsicle molds and freeze for about 2 hours.
- You could stop here, if you just want to enjoy some chocolate pudding!
Hand 'em over and stand back- this could get messy!!
- It's okay to feel pleased as punch at this point as you watch happy kids devour delicious fruits and veggies!!
feed you kids well.
Prep time: 2 minutes
Cook time: 3 minutes
- Mini Whole Wheat Pitas
- Shredded Mozzarella Cheese (about 1 cup for 4 pizzas)
- 4 tablespoons Tomato Sauce (of course homemade and organic is best, but hey, work with whatever you've got)