Sunday, July 31, 2011

Welcome!

Pin It Now!
Welcome savvy style seekers!  
I hope that you will find this blog a source of shared inspiration that stays
true to the "magic R's"- Reduce, Re-use, Recycle, Repair, Re-Purpose, and Re-style

One of my favorite quotes comes from Mother Teresa and is a good summation for the way I live my life: "I only feel angry when I see waste, when I see people throwing away things that we could use". 

As my delightfully tolerant husband well knows, it is not uncommon for me to happen to drive past a dumpster and "rescue" items that still have life left in them.  I might not have a use for them but somebody does.  I'm not talking about damaged or broken things- for example, one dumpster yielded 2 lawn chairs, a shovel, a wheelbarrow, a truck-bed tool box, 2 hard-sided vintage suitcases, 2 backpacks, a plant stand, and some wrought iron decorative garden edging.  These items were certainly not use-LESS!!  We have taken items from dumpsters and driven them directly to the donation dock at the Goodwill.  I am always baffled at what people mindlessly send to the landfill...  I hope this blog can serve as a forum to encourage everyone to live more mindfully.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment